Monday, January 18, 2010

unquenchable thirst to turn planet human-earth's crown upside down

the oceans in between grow deeper with time. you get used to being far from home. you get used to waking up not knowing where you are or what country you are in. and before long you begin to wonder if home has forgotten about you. take it in slowly and remember there is work to be done. there is a challenge ahead of you to push yourself to the limits of your capacity for growth. you learn from experience not from textbooks and because of this you will always be grateful. you do things you never would have thought you'd ever do. you surprise yourself always. sometimes you think think you're in over your head. you wish others could see this. you wish others cared about it.

i sat at a table which is just like any other cosmic table in the warmth of my memory. i was the (US)american who represented English language and broken Spanish and Turkish. i sat with the turks, the germans, the aussies, the kurds, and the dutch. it was the same cosmic table i've sat at in my mind for years and the same one which compels me to be a life-long explorer of planet earth. we broke bread and spoke through the mystical communication of smile and body language. and its nights like these that keeps me going. i do not have these experiences at home.

in all that is mysterious and forsaken beautify i found myself wrapped up in the life line of another sacred path. we do not speak the same language, our worlds are very different. we aren't afraid of each other. you are my friend after almost a thousand years of being my enemy. for the first time in a long time we can sit together and speak of our distaste for human beings and the mess they make. i'll tell you my secrets and tell you why i must remain such a mystery to most people. i'll tell you why i have lines in my smile and why my eyes stare a hundred miles into nothingness.

No comments: