Thursday, October 18, 2007

is it better to inspire or to be inspired?

-The Mayan calendar has been said to predict the end of the world in December, 2012ad - I'll be on the Yucatan Peninsula then for sure. I bet it will be one hell of a party.

-Kiss your lover on the collar bone more often. Or the small of their back. Especially their stomach..

-Gin makes me feel classy. Beer makes me feel sociable. Tequila gives me super powers. Rum makes me think about the ocean. Whiskey makes me want to play piano and smoke cigarettes. Vodka can die. Wine makes me horny. Champagne makes me really horny. Jager makes me dance. Brandy makes me want to write. Scotch reminds me of camping with Sid.

-New Jersey sucks.

-Eskimos have something like 100 words for ice but not a single word for laser tag.

-My friend called me once from Easter Island. I was on the island of Upolu. I met her in Minneapolis while traveling from Chicago to Boise. She now lives both in South Africa and in London. I might meet up with her again in Buenos Aires.

-It only costs 240 dollars to travel back and forth to Honduras.

-We talk over a few drinks and I just wanna grab you. It's cold up here but somehow the chilly breeze is motivating this uncomfortable conversation out of us. The winds are changing and decide to fly instead of take shelter.

-A two minute phone call and about 17 text messages later I immediately fall back into memories. I never even asked where you live these days, I was too busy telling you how much I miss you.

-Where I work there is an old man who sits on a bucket and fishes off the pier. Every time I ask how they are biting he says "not so good.. maybe tomorrow."

-I knew a blind kid who loved birds. He could name any bird just by listening to it's call.

-One time in Samoa I saw a tiny sliver of a crescent moon completely inverted as if it were winking at me. Earlier that day me and one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen were almost killed by a riptide. I can't explain how lovely the silver sky looked on her body that night.

-I heard of a guy who choked to death on a toothpick. He was a firefighter. Later that day a friend of mine told me about his friend's dad who choked to death on a toothpick. He was also a firefighter.

-Buddhist monks have the best laughs in the world.

No comments: