Sunday, June 27, 2010

when the city lights stop blinkin'



its the uncertainty that fuels me most. i was frustrated this week. the azerbaycan consulate was a pain in my ass and i was lead astray by a series of ill-fated and poorly documented addresses. i sat in the rain an hour and a half from home looking up to what turned out to be the georgian consulate unknowingly addressed wrong and providing me with absolutely no progress closer to my goal. you have no choice but to laugh things like this off, what is the difference i suppose..

self-separation is a curious thing. it is a process by which i've often sworn would be painless and focused yet i'm more distracted now that ever. i lose the battle against my decision to be calm and focused before my trip but rather i play the reverse side of a water jug as a drum all night and yell with my friends. this too shall pass, but god i'm going to miss these guys..

i was asked by a student today if i believe in destiny. i told him that destiny is a voice in your head that calls to you. if you ignore this voice you are ignoring your destiny and before long that voice will silence itself and you will wonder for all times what that voice wanted from you. i know better.

i'm at the starting gates of a wild adventure. i've said be bold but now i saw be bold yet smart. it is 'smart' that is going to keep me together.

remember me from time to time friends.. i'm scared to wander off into the wilderness but its for the love of the game that i wander. i'll return.. with wider eyes and a voice more richer upon the ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

led.