Tuesday, July 06, 2010

dear eugene hutz,

if you have even the slightest fucking idea what your music has done to me then the connection you speak of truly is a big and complete circle. you've taken me to so many countries both in physical form and beautiful imagery manifestation. you have narrated my life more than any voice in my head could account for. when i was at the bottom of my luck and trapped in my country, aimlessly driving in my car to nowhere just to clear my mind your songs played on repeat and beat against the sides of my heart. when i was sitting at a kitchen table, lonely, in the farthest reaches of the world upon a tiny island that most people could not locate on a map, you made me homesick in the best way. i sang the words to every song on underdog world strike to verbatim in loving memory of my friends back home; they were our anthems. thank you my friend. thank you for being the voice of the only person in the world next to kahlil gibran who understands what compels me most in life - and the dangers of ignoring that calling. you'll probably never read this and i'm fine with that but i'll be here among the people of your sacred connection; among those who understand.

MookFish

1 comment:

G-Boz said...

I so wish I liked that gypsy stuff as much as y'all did.