Monday, May 21, 2007

The forces of creative minds are unstoppable

So Hoo pooped in the sink last night. He (she?) was probably mad that I didn’t share my sashimi. We also acquired a new cat of ambiguous gender and a pending name. You would think the family is complete but there will soon be yet another addition to our humble family. Apparently a man named Kennedy from Zimbabwe will be joining us in a few weeks thus making my house among the most diverse establishments in the country. It’s kinda funny but earlier today Takeda’s friend Rumiko came over who speaks fluent Spanish. There I sat in Samoa speaking Spanish to a Japanese girl. Any words we didn’t understand were spoken in Samoan – what a cool experience.

It’s the first day of the term and things are taking a wonderful turn. I’m beginning an ambitious project to teach English, music and computers during the day while (soon and hopefully) teaching night classes at an art school down the road. I’ve decided to step up the pace a bit and push myself to my potential. I’ve also been pursuing a regular schedule of kung-fu practice with Sitivi and Arona therefore making my life busy as I prefer it. Last term was great but it was lacking in challenge and I feel like I am capable of much more.

Here I sit, nursing a bucket of ‘ava and fiddling through pictures of birds I took during interval today. I’m in a great mood. I love experiences with people when their voices ring through my head in the days to follow. I can’t stop smiling when I think of the wonderful people my life has placed before me.. I can’t wait to make pancakes in Tonga :) I haven’t stopped drawing pictures since Team Tonga left and there is something special ringing in my head about someone in particular who also appreciates upside down crescent moons. Remember that?

I had a dream last night that I was in a parking lot in Detroit freestyling with one of the dudes from Handsome Boy Modeling School – what a strange dream. The sunset last night would make you believe in God and a good wind kept me peacefully asleep all night. You know, when I was younger I was always angry and I loved to complain. I regret spending so much time being so gloomy. You should be happy with who you are and maybe I felt out of place or I thought that everyone thinks I’m strange but hell, I am strange and I think I wear it well. It’s a big world don’t you think? How exciting. I think I’ll swim to India one day just to hear the sounds.

Cheers


These pictures are all from home and thus completely irrelevant however they make me smile.


















HONORABLE - Aidan Christopher Smith

No comments: