Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Peligro

Contrary to the attitude of my previous few blog entries I’ve been low lately. The highs and lows I’ve experienced in the last few days would put any rollercoaster to shame. I could begin with a list of reasons why things become so low at times but I don’t know if I’m ready to come out and say it just yet. Fortunately there is great music out there like Manu Chao. This stuff fires me up. My life is a sudden game of uncertainty and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared at times but why worry? Worrying is dangerous. On top of other things I’ve got a nasty virus of sorts making life that much more unpleasant.

This entry isn’t a downer. In fact this entry is the manifestation of everything I feel I’m capable of. Things aren’t going my way but it is a reality check – life doesn’t always go your way. With the help of Blogspot and too much time on my hands my thoughts have become very public and longwinded at times but I’m over it. I want it to be known that I’m happy even during rough times and besides my nasty arm infection a few months ago this is perhaps the lowest I’ve been since I’ve been out here. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – we pay our debts sometimes.

Rain makes me paranoid. It was pouring on the bus ride home so I slid up the crazy bus windows only to find that it was translucent red. Staring at the rain through dark red glass (do I say glass funny?) for too long would make anyone go a little nuts. God I felt awful yesterday. What can you do though, you know? I have a fever of like a million degrees and I haven’t eaten anything in about three days. Can’t sleep. God bless Manu Chao. This music makes me feel great even though everything beneath me is falling apart. God especially bless my students. Their constant enthusiasm and musical hearts never stop making me smile.

This story isn’t over.

No comments: