Wednesday, August 08, 2007

bioluminescence

I had a dream last night that really put me in place. I was floating around in some sort of futuristic cosmic world with interactive machines and glowing lights. I remember feeling like I was traveling very fast but somehow orbiting around a single location. I think I was part of some experiment because I remember being watched behind a dark window and I could faintly make out computer screens of some sort as if my actions were being monitored. In a blink of a lucid dream's eye I found myself transported to a black field of glowing mushrooms and flying fish. In the far horizontal distance I could see tall abandoned buildings with plants growing out of them as if nature was reclaiming it's territory. The thought of investigating for other signs of life was out of the question, this place was like a glowing desert. I have many dreams where I am flying but this was a little different. It was as if my feet never really touched the ground but somehow floated above the glowing fungus fields. My skin reflected the green glow of my world around me. I was alone but I didn't feel lonely; rather I felt like I had to show this place to somebody in order to validate it or no one could possibly believe me. I also thought that it was so peculiar and beautiful that it would be wonderful to explore with another. But I just wandered and marveled in the lights both above and below.

No comments: