Friday, February 12, 2010

trees at night



i fell asleep astoundingly at about 8pm with every intention of sleeping for about 12 hours before work tomorrow. wouldn't luck have it any other way, i woke up at midnight and stayed up all night pondering the strangest of thoughts. i'm captivated by stains on my ceiling, lost in my own adoration for how trees look at night and comfortable with the silence they bring. this was to be my cycle completing rest of the work/play week which lately has been more play than anything. and i'm here awake and conscious of my thoughts, this can be a dangerous thing.

no human is free. we are all confined to something. some are confined to the future and some are confined to a past they cant deny. there are times when i try to forget about beautiful things i've seen and experienced and i always stop myself from the compromise of any memory at all. you cannot write a story and tear pages from your notes. i'm not guilty of anything youre not guilty of, only frightened by beauty and trying to find a way to balance a cup that overflows. sometimes i think the world is so curiously beautiful that its a shame more people don't check it out. just like lyrics to a song can become an instrument so too can the sounds of nature and the outlines of dark trees at night shape whatever story it is that we are writing.

i've asked questions to the universe that have never been answered. i want to know if it is better to inspire or to be inspired. i want to know why the soft barefeet of red and orange dance on my soul and make my body shiver. blue and green take to my dreams, underwater, where the resolution of aquatic dream-land challenges the beauty of waking life. i still dream underwater.

you have not lived until you've felt your face sweat. it doesn't do this often, it is the result of intensity. you have challenged life. dancing and climbing are the opposites of dying. sweat of humans mixes like chemicals; you haven't lived until you've rested your sweaty face on someone's stomach. sleep-lines on your face mean you are still dreaming.

i think the trees outside my window are shivering tonight. their cold hands make that sound of fingertips rubbing together. just listening to them i'm getting sleepy. i'll sleep on my back tonight.. i had this thing i would do when i was younger and had trouble sleeping.. i would lay perfectly still on my back with my eyes closed and i'd scan my body from my toes all the way to the top of my head. i'd watch my body fall asleep and keep my soul awake just long enough to marvel in the beauty of being lucid inside of an unconscious human shell. i'll listen to the trees.. they will be the last thing i remember of today. blue and green will take me away and hold me like the warm arm of a human being into a land far away from waking reality.

No comments: