Sunday, September 02, 2007

4:36pm Sunday, September 02, 2007ad

I'm not sure how long it will be until I can post again so it seems that 43 hours before I leave should be a good time to bid farewell. I'm leaving Tuesday morning and I haven't packed or bought things and I'm fine with that. Leaving sucks. Last night was a great party and I got an eerie flashback to last year around this time when I bid my previous farewell. Annual going away parties are heaps of fun.

So yeah.. Shanghai.. I'm pretty stoked I think. I'm gonna buy an apartment full of weapons and musical instruments and never leave the house. Maybe I'll start to draw again. Honestly I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Everyone who came out last night: thank you. Everyone who didn't make it: no worries. It's not easy gathering a room full of the best people in the universe and having to say goodbye to them. Yay hugs. Yay friends. I got hammered last night. I don't think I offended anyone and I made sure to keep big spaces of time between tribal screams - I'm learning.

Tibet!

It will happen, oh yes. Lady would you cross the Himalayas with me? I refuse to see snow until I get there. 51 hour train ride from Shanghai to Lhasa up 5000 meters above sea level. Cool cabin slippers. Green tea. Long stares from people who haven't seen an American in person. Some dude with an obnoxiously long thumb nail. Bumpy ride, sun up - sun down. I'm excited.


This would be the paragraph when I would be pouring out emotions and curiosities about my bad ass girlfriend but I think I'll keep it private. Pani - you make me smile even in my sleep. There is no such thing as simple coincidence for you and me.

Oh yeah. I get to be a teacher again. I love teaching. I gather I'll probably have an enormous lecture class at the university which is kind of funny because I'm used to teaching elementary kids.

This paragraph is bold and therefore more important. I AM RIGHT BECAUSE I AM YELLING LOUDER. I just wanted to put it out there that I feel as if I am on fire. When I left Samoa I made it a point to stay focused and not get sucked back into my amazing culture that I come from and here we are. I want to throw paint at the sky and sleep in a tree. I want high-fives from children and I want to have coffee with my deceased grandfather.

Life is beautiful?

I say life is beautiful sometimes.

Life can be pretty ugly and at times you might lose yourself.

And sometimes life just floats.





This town will rip the bones out of your body.
<"{{{><

No comments: