Monday, November 26, 2007

abyss

i suggest we:


sink or swim..
but if you dont choose the latter of the two
me and you
could see life at the bottom of the sea
how beautiful it could be
under blue waves
before we sink to our graves

i dream in water
cool colors in shades of blue and green
with lights off in the unknown distance
breathing from tiny gills behind my ears
alien plant life
and fish with lights on their heads
space ships sunk deep at the bottom
plaebean skeletal remains
telekinetic energies
from their dead bodies
twitching like the muscles of a fish
caught on a hook
sounds of whales and sea beasts
unknown to man and it is unknown to me
if i'll make it back to the surface
to share my discoveries with you
my eyes sink deep into my head
collapsed from the tremendous pressure
and even my heart beating causes great pain
my skin is shriveling like a grape in the sun
nobody can hear me scream
nobody can see me in this dark abyss
the eye of a giant squid focuses on me
and i hold perfectly still
i dont go for my knife
but i freeze in terror
in my own reflection
we blink at the same time
and i wake up without moving a muscle


No comments: