Thursday, August 26, 2010

here is a guitarra for you little chavo if you slave to kissing you gotta play this thing

frozen eyes, sweaty back, my family's sleeping on a railroad track. all my life i pack/unpack... but man i gotta earn this buck... i gotta pay representation to be accepted in a nation, where the efforts of a hero start again from zero.

-eugene hutz






the song and the strings... the ink on my skin... i would like to write a thank you to two very important people in my life's story. the first is steve, my guitar teacher. this is the guy who gave me a break from the early stages of teenage angst and gave me a way to learn how to channel my creativity. the other is ryan lientz, the man who has covered me in permanent and beautiful art. i would like for these two gentlemen to know that the gifts they have left me with cross many borders and enter many nations to share their stories and beauty with the people i chance upon. these are great gifts and they have become ways to learn about the sounds and colors created on and with the bodies of people from far far away.



i've made a bold decision.. as if somehow we have the freedom to do so in the futures of our lives. i have met so many wonderful and interesting people on this trip that its inspired me to reach towards greater goals and greater living. now i'm awake. i'm wide awake. i've been given a gift to explore the world. we've been given the gift of the present, there is no past. as its been said before, all of your goals begin with making your bed. make everything you do a step closer to something.




i'll be back home in october.. calling istanbul my home feels good and it feels good to say that i'll be back home soon, or soon enough. i'm a little lonely today. i cut my foot on some glass last night and i've been stuck at the top of an extremely high hill staying with some friends waiting for my foot to get better so i can come back down. all this time i have to myself has left me thinking about life and how strange it is. how we live in a world full of colors and tastes and shapes and sounds. but all this thinking has taken me into a deep and passionate obsession as of late. perhaps i've been looking in the wrong places. perhaps my love for traveling the lands has distracted me from the world below.. the world of the oceans and seas. this tickles my fascination. the thought is boiling inside of me.. maybe after another (slightly shorter) contract in istanbul it is due time i take to the water. this next chapter is going to be a wet one....

No comments: