Tuesday, May 15, 2012

love what you do (and do what you love)

Galatasaray fans (2012 champions) celebrating while being taunted from above by their opponents Fenerbahçe who lost only by a single point from the entire season.


Yusuf, or Giuseppi as I call him, is a good friend of mine.  He gets me into some interesting adventures that should probably not be mentioned in a public blog.

There was a time I supported Fenerbahçe, but living in Kadıköy has this way of making you distasteful to their fans.  These days I support Beşiktaş simply because of my first roommate in Turkey who was an avid fan.  They came in third this year and haven't really had a good season in a long time.



Bahadır and Abdulselam.

I don't really like nargile but when you are sitting next to a man with a beard and a hat that somewhat resembles an Ottoman Fez you really have no choice.


Adem, Ömer and Yusuf.

Two of the nicest girls I've met.  I took my students to a touristic part of old İstanbul so they could practice their English with foreigners however many tourists have a bad reputation of being rude to Turkish people.  I spotted these two girls and was encouraged by my fiercely male class to approach them and ask if we could join.  They were extremely delightful to say the least and were very helpful to my students.  Cheers.

Abdulrakip :)  one of my favorite humans.


Love what you do.. and do what you love!

1 comment:

H-Son said...

This is my first time checking out your blog, and I'm lame for that. Sweet stuff man. I'll definitely be checking it out more often now. More often than never. Definitely. Long live Cat R*pe.